Rebecca Carlton

When I was in high school I would collect plastic, mostly trash, to create sculptures that inevitably my mom would recycle because she didn't know what they were or what they were for. I bring this up because I made them with the environment and pollution mainly how much pollution/littering I saw in the city of Chicago in mind. Rebecca Carlton's work reminds me of that era of my work with her focus on looking into the environment but portraying that with ceramics and sculptures. I especially find the birds piece very interesting with the number of the birds holding significance. I also find that the pieces are very approachable and interesting. I am interested to see if she will make a piece focusing on the alarming record-breaking temperatures and the impact that will have on the environment. Also seeing more humanity in the pieces considering humanity causes the issues the birds or other animals are going through. I also would love to take a trip to Door County and see her studio because I am interested in her work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Objects and Space

Project Proposal

10 RANDOM SPACES