KINDA BLUE: Final Installation Project

 

 

This installation is the combination of 2 projects I had been thinking about doing for a while. The first is an exploration of emotion, especially in how we mask them. The other was an exploration of the body and its form. So, for these cyanotype prints on muslin, I made body prints of my body and a couple of my friends. Then I did a second print on where the face would be with a mask of emotion. I also liked the idea of just hanging these up like they are drying on a wire. I also played with how I arranged my limbs on the prints which some came out successful and others did not. I found it interesting to look at a print that I made with my body but not necessarily see a body right away having to sit for a time to figure out what is going on. Overall, the questions I thought about a lot while doing this were what do you see and How do you feel? These are things I suggest thinking about while looking at the piece. The prints definitely came out differently than how I was expecting but I am also fine with the fact that came out differently. I also wanted to discuss the difficulty in hanging the piece leading to me having to do some creative problem-solving to get the piece up in a space. On a day that is sunny and not that windy, I would like to hang it outside like I planned but we will see about that. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Objects and Space

10 RANDOM SPACES

Project Proposal