3 Random Objects




When I was thinking about what objects to pick for this project I struggled to pick something. I have a lot of random miscellaneous things littering my room I also even thought about going for a walk and picking up things off the ground that caught my eye. But I decided on 3 different projects that are all at different stages. Starting at the top left I had the idea to take pictures of Appleton with black and white Polaroid film but then none of the pictures came through which was really disappointing so now I have like 6 empty or smudgy photos just lying around my room. Then I started working on this denim sewing project but right now it's at an early stage of sketching and so I have like 4 pairs of jeans I've cut up to repurpose. So it is still early in development with a lot of potential.  Finally, I shot this roll of film over a couple months, and funny enough I have no idea what's on it at this point. I shot each shot but now that it has been a while I literally can't remember in the slightest what is on this toll of film. This could could be interpreted as some deep metaphor for temporality or something like that but honestly just shows my horrible memory. I did find it interesting how many different failed/incomplete projects were just chilling on my desk this project served as a reminder to finish my creative ideas.

Comments

  1. I love how your objects don't just mean what they are on the surface, and that they actually say more on the transitional phase of how your creative processes develop with time or how they can have the time to sit before you go back to them. Very thoughtful, 10/10 Post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20 Objects and Space

10 RANDOM SPACES

Project Proposal